Search this Blog

Monday 23 June 2014

Review: Forrest Essential Nourishing Cleansing Paste

 Forrest Essential Rupam Extra Rich Nourishing Cleansing Paste in Pistachio, Orange Peel & Fresh Jaggery

By Shikha Koli

Sorry about the crushed packaging due to travel.




In my earlier post I mentioned buying this nourishing cleansing paste from Forrest Essential. When I was at the store, I asked the sales lady for a multi-tasking face product. One that would scrub, nourish my dry face and can be used as a face mask too. Now don't we all love products that can multitask and not have to look around or carry a gazzilion products; one for the eye, one for the lips, one for the face etc etc, especially when travelling? I know I do. I remember how ladies would use lipsticks as eye-shadows, blush and lip color :D. I still do that sometimes, especially when I'm in a rush. :p I think its pretty neat! So read on to find out if this really is a milt-tasking product or not?

 My Skin Type: Dry-Normal
 My Skin Tone: Medium-Dusky

Product Price: Rs. 1475/- for 50g. 

The nourishing paste comes in the paper made box (see above pic). The paper back box is quite attractive itself and has directions, ingredients and price written at the back side of the box as well as the jar. Forrest Essential is an Indian brand which makes 100% Ayurvedic or organic products which are not tested on animals. PETA would surely be very happy as well as vegetarian, vegan, and cruelty free conscious cosmetic customers. :)


  Notice the key ingredients like Almond Oil, Pistachio, Jaggery etc.





Product pic
















The round jar is fairly big with a gold lid on top which has 'Forrest Essentials engraved on it. The whole packaging has a luxurious feel to it. I think Forrest Essentials paid a lot of attention to their packaging to make their customers happy and satisfied. For women packaging is very important. Lame packaging usually is a turn off. However, I was mighty impressed with 'FE' packaging. It made me feel "OK I'm buying an expensive product at least the packaging is worth the expensive price tag". 


Hand Swatch


Both the product pic (above) and hand swatch show the paste is smooth and milky, mixed with hard brown granules (orange peel and jaggery). Each time you open the jar you can literally smell all the ingredients listed in the Ingredients list. The entire aroma of the product transports me into the kitchen. It almost makes me want to eat it. Being 100% natural, I guess I can? But at my own risk :P So, I'll pass.

Now I have tried a couple of scrubs such as St. Ives Apricot scrub, Ever Youth's scrub and a few others more gentle ones. If you are looking for a gentle gel scrub like the ones by Lakme or Nivea than give this a pass. If you want a superior scrub to the St. Ives Apricot scrub, than this is your beauty. I love the smell and the feel of this Forrest Essential paste. Its very smooth with hard enough granules for a perfect scrubbing session.  Though the granules are hard and actually do the job, it won't peel of your skin. So no worries there.

 It has a similar feel and texture and formulation as the St. Ives ones albeit much better with an amazing aroma. I prefer scrubs along the lines of apricot scrubs, the more gentle ones do nothing for my skin except dry them out even further. For me this is the best scrub I have used so far. So, If you are looking for a good scrub I would whole heatedly recommend this scrub even for sensitive skin because it is all natural and contains no chemical for adverse effects. 

After massaging the paste in circular motion and scrubbing it for 3-5 mins, I do not wash my face with water. Instead, I leave the paste on or I apply another face mask such as sandalwood paste. Once it dries off, I then wash my face. The whole process leaves my face squeaky clean and uber soft. I touch my face and it feels as soft as a babies bottom. :D Trust me! 

So in all, I highly recommend this facial paste. It nourishes, scrubs and regular use will bring a glow to your face without any adverse effects since it is all natural. It smells good enough to eat. The product makes me happy and I enjoy my at home facial sessions. I do feel the price tag is a tad bit on the higher side. I would have loved it even more if it were just below the 1K mark. But oh well..I do find it worthy. After all, beauty and good products come at a price. Sigh!

Pros: 
  • Multi-tasker
  • Organic
  • Smells amazing of all edible ingredients. 
  • Efficient (gets the job done quickly)
Cons:
  • Expensive

FINAL VERDICT: I highly recommend this product and would surely repurchase this aswell as other Forrest Essential Products. I give it a 5/5 :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*

To Buy Forrest Essential Products online: http://www.forestessentialsindia.com/






2 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. Just when I was looking for the perfect scrub you've posted it.. Thanks.. Would surely love to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes tanuja it is a great scrub for face and body if you like scrubs like St. Ives sort.

    ReplyDelete