Search this Blog

Thursday 26 June 2014

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain - Tropical Frenzy: Review

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Tropical Frenzy

By Tanuja Kelkar 


I recently discovered a new website for online shopping and let me tell you that it has become my most favorite one in recent times. The website is www.cherryculture.com It’s an amazing beauty site with lots of US brands on sale, some of which are easy on the pocket too. The best thing about this website is that they accept international cards and ship internationally. Yippie!! Well, international shipping is a costly affair with shipping charges and custom duty et all.

Good luck was on my side and I had my relatives visiting me from the US so I decided to not let go of this opportunity and place and order for all the beauty products that I needed from there. I got lots of lip balms, lip sticks, lip stains, eye shadows, blushes, primers and many more items.

In this post, I want to review the first thing that I tried from all those goodies. I have recently got converted into a lippie lover, I was earlier an eye-liner lover. So, it’s pretty obvious that I would try out all the lipsticks and balms first. So the product that I am going to review is Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in the shade Tropical Frenzy. This range is available in 8 shades and I already have got 4 of them :)


Price: USD 3
The brand claims that it is a moisturizing balm Infused with a Light-Weight Stain, which applies with a Glossy Finish then transforms into the Perfect Flush of Color. It is long lasting.

Now, let’s see if this one is as per the claims made.
As the name suggests, these are retractable sticks that do not have to be sharpened. This also ensures that the entire stick can be used up. J

I used it the very next day of receiving it. It looks and feels like those wax crayons we used in school. The colour of the crayon… opps.. Balm Stain is pretty misleading and looking completely different on the lips. But it has an amazing colour payoff. That day, I applied it at home without checking into the mirror so didn’t even realize it till I saw myself in the office washroom.. opps.. such a faux pas. Tried to wipe it off using tissues but it wouldn’t go away. It stayed put for more than 10 hours and did not fade a bit even after lunch, snacks and continuous sipping of water.

Lip Swatches:






I like the way Tropical Frenzy looks in natural light even but in artificial lights, one needs to be pretty careful about much is applied.

This is something that I was really looking for – super awesome staying power and I got it.. Yay..
On application it feels smooth and lips are hydrated and mositurising, but in 1-2 hours the moisturisation goes away and it stays put as an amazing lip stain. Some of the other shades do not have as much staying power. Shall be reviewing them subsequently.

Pros:
·                      - Long lasting ( it stays on forever)
·                      - The brand has been added to PETA’s cruelty free lust
·                      - Affordable and good quality

Cons:
·                      - Availability or rather lack of availability in India
·                      - Should have been more moisturizing – does a good job of lip stain but not of a lip balm

Will I repurchase it?
Yes definitely – I will buy the remaining 3 shades after seeing their swatches on Shikha. She has got them. 
May skip the N*de one as I like colorful lips.

I give it 4.5 kisses out of 5 :* :* :* :* :

No comments:

Post a Comment