Search this Blog

Thursday 25 September 2014

Wedding Mua Finalized!

Hello Readers!

Me and Tanuja have been away from the blog because Tanuja is a corporate slave :P and  I have been busy with my wedding preparations. Its just two months away! :D I am super excited and anxious about it. Am literally  having day dreams, night dreams and sleep less nights over it but all in a good way.

Today, I am going to write my wedding makeup artist search.



Bridal Makeup Artist:

This was a tough  search with a funny ending :P

For my engagement I had got my makeup done at a salon (Gossip) near by my home. She did a good job and I got many compliments. So, the thought of wanting her for my D day came across my mind but she works out of a salon and I wanted to get ready at the venue. I like the feel of getting dressed at the venue and  having someone's undivided attention and not sharing the room with a dozen brides. At venue means better photos too. Plus who wants to get stuck in Delhi's high wedding season traffic? Not me.

So I decided to let go of her or keep her as a backup and start searching for a good makeup freelancers in Delhi. In case nothing works out I will go to her salon to get ready. :(

Chandini Sing's salon was my other no. 1 choice but her salon is so damn far off from both my residence and wedding venue, that she just wasn't an option for me. :'( :'(

So, I literally took many trials both paid and free of charge from various famous freelancers across Delhi and some refused to give trials. It really annoys me when people refuse to give you trials. I mean how are you suppose to trust someone with your makeup on one of the most important days of your life? 

In spite of all this I still wasn't satisfied with anyone. Some did over the top makeup, some very subtle, and some would just do what they like and not listen to you. So, I decided to give the whole bridal makeup thing a break. 

One day I happened to go to the salon where I got my engagement makeup done to ask about pre-bridal services, facials etc. While in conversation with the lady she asked me have I finalized my makeup artist for the wedding? I said No (with a sad face)... but I am looking for someone who can get me ready at the venue. To my surprise, she offered to do my makeup at the venue instead of the salon if I wish to take up her services and not take any other bride in the evening for that date. :) 

I was ecstatic to hear that. I thought it was a very sweet gesture and I know she does a good job since she has done my makeup before and knows what looks good on me and what is my style. So, I finalized her on the stop and my Wedding MUA was done! 

Its funny how I went crazy in search through out the city for trials and in the end I booked someone who was in the mind all along right from the beginning as a backup option, just assumed like most salons she wouldn't be willing to come at the venue. :p he he 

Well I am glad everything turned out well in the end. 

Thats it guys..

Bye!

6 comments:

  1. Thankyou Ashish Pandey!

    What a relief..hope she does a good job on D-day! Fingers-crossed :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice. All the best and just enjoy yourself and don't stress. That ought to take care of the prettiness. Pandey you bump up your efforts to match up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neha, Thanx for commenting :) Ya I hope all goes well super excited for the D-day and stressing is my 2nd nature..cant help it...I get sadistic pleasure out of it! Ha ha :D

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before wedding every middle class family search for b want Best bridal makeup service but he
    didn’t know HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR BRIDAL MAKEUP so we have given you a best article to get the Best Bridal Makeup near you in an affordable price

    ReplyDelete