Search this Blog

Saturday 21 June 2014

Fab Bag - June 2014 Review

 By Tanuja Kelkar 
So, finally my Fab Bag arrived today. This was after a month of waiting after getting my previous bag. This month Clean and Clear decided to add special goodies to make the Fab Bag extra special and so I got an email asking me to indicate if I wanted the bonus samples from Clean and Clear.

 
I saw the picture and wrote back to them that I did not want the Fairness Kit as I don’t believe in fairness creams. But by the time my request reached them, their order processing had begun so they couldn’t assure me of not including that in my bag.










This month the Fab Crew actually kind of revealed the contents of the bag well in advance. They had posted a mailer on Facebook with names of the products being dispatched almost blurred words, but good enough to give a hint of its contents.
  
So I guessed what was coming my way - Beauty Labs Moisturiser, Vichy Face Scrub and Palladio Eye shadow quads(I was hoping to receive Copper n Chic). Along with it I knew that I would get unlucky and receive the Fairness Kit.












Come Friday, I received my Fab Bag and yippie, this was the first time when no one at home had opened it and I got the privilege of unboxing it myself. This month’s bag as their theme says is a pretty pink criss-cross bag. This is my favorite one among all the bags that I have got till date :) The colour is just wow.

As you can see, this one stands out from the rest. :) :) I love it :* :*



















Unzipping the Fab Bag



Can't wait to show off what I got:

1.  Beauty Labs Smart Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF 20 (Rs.2800 for30ml.) 

I got a 5ml sample. I think this should last me for 4-5 uses. Waiting to test how different it is from the other moisturisers, given the fact that its so expensive.













2. Vert Fresh Cucumber & Mint Face Scrub (Rs 700 for 55gm)
 

I was pretty excited for the Vichy Scrub that I was expecting. This one looks like a home made scrub, which is nice but it has an overpowering jasmine fragrance, which I don’t like. I would still like to give it a try.









3. Flormar Eye Shadow Quartet – 411 (Full Size - Rs750)
 
Finally, I got an eyeshadow after 6 months of subscription. Yippie.. I actually wanted the Beauty UK eye shadow set in either Earth or Soho. But this one suits perfectly well too. The colours seem nice and can be used to create both day and night looks. It has a curved applicator (never used something like this). I want to use this with the LA Splash Splash Proof Eye Shadow that I received in my May Fab Bag.





4. Clean & Clean Essentials Kit (Bonus)

 
This was a bonus product. A regular brand but we had an option to opt out, which I didn’t, so I am not complaining.










With this my subscription to Fab Bag expires. They have sent a renewal coupon with 5% discount.

Will I re-subscribe to it?

Overall, I say that these bags are a good value for money but yes a bit of customization would be helpful. Though there is a questionnaire for customization, I have received products in the past which are not in line with my needs.

I will not be re-subscribing right away as I have enough products to last me a good amount of time. However, in case any of the bags is really drool worthy in the coming months, I will subscribe it.



5 comments:

  1. Like your style of writing. Would like to read more articles of yours. The Fab Bag sounds exciting. Just one glitch : I, as a conscious consumer wouldn't buy it since some of their products could be animal tested.If they allowed customization, I would definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your style of writing. Would like to read more articles of yours. The Fab Bag sounds exciting. Just one glitch : I, as a conscious consumer wouldn't buy it since some of their products could be animal tested.If they allowed customization, I would definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right this months cosmetic pouch is very classy and different from the rest. I luv the color and pattern too.
    Gud to see you received your choice of clean n clear essentials rather than the fairness kit. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have received 'Vert' face scrub and not 'Vichy' face scrub. Both are very different brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.. I was expecting Vichy when I had seen "V" in the emailer, where rest of the name was blurred

      Delete