Search this Blog

Saturday 14 June 2014

Bobby Pin - The Ultimate Collection: Berry Lip Gloss

 By Tanuja Kelkar
Hello girlies,

Did I tell you all that my co-founder Shikha visited me in Mumbai last month. Yeah!! It was so much fun and we had a ball of a time. She had cute gifts for me, which was a surprise. The contents were no surprise given our common love for makeup :D

And yippie, now I have one more lip gloss to add to my collection.



This one is from Bobby Pin – Ultimate Collection. Okay, I hadn’t heard of this brand earlier so had to do some research to know more about it. As soon as I typed “bobby pin” as the keyword on the search engine, the very obvious hair pins showed up in the search results. Had to do a bit of more research and then finally got to know what I wanted.





Bobby Pin – This brand of Boots and exclusively retails through them. Boots is a pharmacy chain in UK. The best part is that this brand doesn’t test on animals.. hurray.

Coming back to my gift - this gloss was a part of a packet containing 2 lip glosses, eye shadow and 5 mini nail polishes. The complete set costs USD 17.76. So this gloss maybe retailing for around USD 3.

I love this packaging. So cute and girly :*

  












This gloss has a tube like packaging, quite similar to the Lakme Lip Glosses that we used to get a couple of years ago. The disadvantage of this kind of packaging is that it is prone to spilling if not stored correctly and thus not very travel friendly. During my recent trip, when I wanted to wear this wear this one and opened it, a huge quantity came out and it was messy. I had to blot it using a tissue.

Talking about the gloss, this one called “Berry” is a beautiful plum shade, which looks amazing on medium skin tones like mine. Most of the glosses that I have seen look different on the lips. But this shade looks exactly the same – maybe because it’s a dark shade.

Swatch:

 


It is shiny and moisturizing. So I need not wear a lip balm underneath. The colour is such that even in artificial lights, the gloss does not look tacky. (I am facing this issue with another lippie, which I shall review subsequently). It has no fragrance and flavour too.






This Bobby Pin gloss is very much pigmented and a small quantity of about 2-3 drops is enough to cover my lips completely. Applying the gloss directly from the tube is a little cumbersome as it is prone to spilling. So now I have started apply it using a lip brush and it is just fine. I know what you are thinking… applying gloss with a lip brush?. This sounds odd; but trust me otherwise it’s a messy affair (I tried it the first 2-3 times and I had to wipe off a lot of it to make my lips look presentable).

This gloss does not have a very good staying power and fades away within 2-3 hours. It is highly transferrable and my lip marks on cups and glasses are highly visible after wearing the gloss. Constant touch ups during breaks are highly recommended on wearing it. So I wouldn’t wear this one if I am out for a party or a function. But I love this colour, so I will surely wear it when I am in a mood to get nice pictures clicked.


Pros:
-          Amazing shade *me loves it*
-          Highly pigmented
-          Moisturizes the lips

Cons:
-          Don’t like the tube packaging
-          Staying power not very good
-          Its sticky.. well, most of the glosses are *rolls eyes*

Will I repurchase it?
If I happen to visit UK / Boots, I will surely purchase it, but I will surely not ask somebody to get it for me.

I would give it 3 kisses out of 5.. :* :* :*

7 comments:

  1. Glad your like the color! :) No lip swatches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry dear!! Was unable to click a picture which could do justice to the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour (maroon : my favourite :) ) and the packaging.
    I'm definitely gonna use *excited*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's really a good shade of gloss..guess I should see other options too... :) thank you for sharing your experience. Its helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dhanu. You can try out their n*de shade too. It will go really well on top of a bright matte lipstick..

      Delete
  5. I have seen the nude color in this same gloss and it is beautiful n shiny with v gud pigmentation. It is also a gud color to bring a goldeny- coppery sheen to any matte lipstick.

    ReplyDelete