Search this Blog

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Lotus Herbals Coral Rose Lipstick

By Tanuja Kelkar



So, I finally decided to gear up and write my next post today. I am back home from work on time today for a change so thought of utilizing this time towards my blog.

I had recently got a lipstick for my mommy and I loved it so much that instead of her, it's me who is using it a lot these days. This particular lipstick in question is from Lotus Herbals from their PURE COLOR range. The name of the shade in question is 616 - Coral Rose.

True to its name it's a deep rosy pink shade, but I find no hint of coral in it.
The packaging is copper gold colour with a sturdy lid. I would have preferred a transparent lid to help identify shades, but this is my only lipstick in from Lotus Herbals so I don’t mind it. The packaging tapers towards the end of the lipstick so in that sense it surely tries to be compact for travel.



Lip Swatches:
In this lip swatch, I am wearing it without exfoliating my lips and with no lip balm underneath. Only because it's close up, the imperfections of my lips are visible. When I see it in the mirror, it looks just perfect.


My verdict:
It's a creamy lipstick. You can build up the colour with multiple layers. But more than 3 layers make it a little cakey. The colour payoff is so good that 2 swipes and you are ready with a really deep pink. I prefer applying it over lip balm, which helps to even out my lips and also reduces the visibility if any cracks on the lips. This colour instantly brightens up my face and I always get lots of compliments on wearing this shade. This shade is such that it will suit all skin colours.

This shade stays on for around 3-4 hours without food. It doesn't transfer easily on to glasses but slowly fades.

Pros
  • Colour payoff is good
  • This shade fades evenly and leaves a nice stain being a dark colour.
  • Quite inexpensive (Rs 245/-)
  • This brand is 100% vegetarian and cruelty free
Cons 
  • It's not moisturizing enough but not drying either 
  • Need to use a lipliner to avoid feathering

Will I repurchase ?
This one is going to last me for a very long time but yes I will surely repurchase this shade. If I find another wow shade from this range, I may surely like to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment