Search this Blog

Thursday 28 August 2014

Jordana Easy Retractable Lip-Liners

Review : Jordana Retractable Easy Pencil Lipliners

By Shikha Koli



By now you all must be knowing Jordana is an American drugstore brand that packs in a lot of punch for your buck. After NYX I usually find myself looking for Jordana's products. So once again for all our budget beauties world over, we bring to you review and hand swatches of 5 out of the total 12 shades available in Jordana's easy & retractable lip liners.

Skin Tone: NC 40-45
Skin Type: Dry-Combination


These retractable easy pencil liners come in a total of 12 shades and I bought five from my Cherryculture.com haul. I am not pleased with the darkest shade 'Terra Kiss' but than it was an online buy and Cherryculture online swatches suck big time! Oh well.

Avaliable shades: Coco Loco, Cabernet, Terra Kiss, Rock n Rose, Honey Dip, Plush Plum, Latte, Sedona Red, Silver Lilac, Tawny, Baby Berry, Sugar Bronze. 

So there is a shade for everyone and to go with every possible lipstick shade. 

Shades I bought: Baby Berry, Terra Kiss, Tawny, Silver Lilac, and Plush Plum. 

Packaging: Packaging is great. The entire pencil body color corresponds with the lip-liner color, so it is easy to trace a particular shade in your makeup stash. Have to give pointers for the retractable function as it prevents product wastage and sharpening consumes no time for lazy people like me :P

Texture: These lip liners are fairly smooth with a semi-matte finish and glide on the lips very smoothly and give full coverage. It was difficult for me to write swatches of these on paper, as they were so soft and smooth. :) However, they do there job perfectly and outline your lips and prevent lipstick from bleeding. 

Swatches:


I guess the swatches are pretty self explanatory but still I shall describe them for our readers benefit:

Silver Lilac: It is a mauve color and goes very well with pinks, plumps and mauve lipsticks. 

Terra Kiss: This is my least likable shade. Its way to dark and gothic. Will go well with extremely dark      Autumn and Winter shades like Sin, Noir, Black, Cherry Black, Mac Media etc I wish I had bought the Sedona red instead! :(

Plush Plum: Another mauve but a bit deeper shade which will go well with all plumish and very dark pink lipsticks and deep mauve colors.

Baby Berry: My most favorite out of all the colors. It is just like its name..'Baby Berry'. It is a bit lighter than Plush Plum. I would probably pare this up with every pink, purple,berry and even pink nude lipsticks I own. :D

Tawny: This is close to being a flesh color. It reminds me of Mac Spice, however it has a slight pinker tinge to it. It is a perfect nude lipliner for pigmented lips. It is the perfect lipliner for all the nudes lipsticks out there. It can be worn alone or with any nude brown or nude pink lipstick. A definite must buy neutral lip liner IMO.

Verdict: I think these lipliners are great bang for your buck. They are soft and creamy with a soft matte finish yet not give you the tugging feeling very hard lipliners do. I love these for there price, quantity, color selection texture, finish and quality. Highly Recommend them! 

Urbandesichics rating: :-*:-*:-*:-*:-/5 Taking .5 off for unavailability issues here in India. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blogs. Great Information. Best Beauty Salon in Mohali, Best Bridal Makeup in Mohali, Best Salon Packages in Mohali At Home Beauty & Wellness Services, offers a wide range of beauty services at your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete