Search this Blog

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes - Black v/s Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner - Black


By Tanuja Kelkar
Hello Amigos,

My love for lip colour is well known to all of you by now. Let me introduce you to my ex – Colourful Eye liners :) I still do have a soft corner for them and purchase them often. But this time I decided to stray away from the regular ones and decided to buy the basic black. Black eye liners are a staple for every girl and can be used for creating various looks. 

Like all make up amateurs, I had bought liquid eyeliner in a bottle which I struggled to apply often. After years of practice, I have somehow managed to learn to apply it evenly on both my eyes; but I still fail miserably when I try to apply it on my mom’s eye lids. I have messed it up so many times that she doesn’t allow me to put it on her anymore :P

All my colourful eyeliners are in a pencil/retractable pen form, which are easy to apply. So I decided to invest in another easy-to-apply black eye liner too.

I recently bought two black eye liners – Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes and Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner.


Read more to know if they are a hit or a miss.

I knew I didn’t want pencil form that needs to be sharpened because some of the product also goes waste. I stumbled upon these two - Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes and Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner.

Now you maybe wondering why I had to purchase Jordana when similar ones are easily available here by Lakme, Maybelline etc. As I have mentioned in my previous posts, now I purchase only cruelty free brands and also Jordana is inexpensive so I decided to go for it.

Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes
The brand claims that Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes is Retractable-No Sharpening Required, making it convenient and easy to use
Its silky smooth soft glide formula doesn’t tug delicate eye area. It gives excellent color coverage which makes it perfect for all-day wear.
It is available in 13 shades.
Price: USD 2

My experience:
This is a regular packaged Eye liner which is retractable. You need to twist it for more of the product to come out. The liner has a waxy texture, which helps in easy application. A super thin line may not be achievable with it like with all such liners. But I am not complaining. It has a good staying power of 7-8 hours. I wore it to work and it stayed pretty throughout the day. However, if you are one of those who rubs your eyes constantly, then this liner one is not meant for you. This one is super easy to wipe off without any cleansers.


Pros:

  • Easy to apply
  • Good Staying power
  • Creamy texture
  • Glides Easily

 Cons:

  • Not smudge proof
  • Need to keep hands away from eyes after application

Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner

The brand claims that Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner has a Felt-Tip Precision. It is convenient & easy to use for dramatic eye definition. No Skipping or Dragging required in application.
Price: USD 3 

My experience:
On opening the Fabuliner, you immediately see that it has a felt tip. I had applied it on my hand to swatch it and it stayed put till the next morning. It has an amazing staying power. I had to rub quite a lot to remove it. So, you need a good eye make-up remover. But, I saw it settling into fine lines on my hand. But it doesn’t look that way on the eyes at all. Its felt tip helps in applying with precision. There is no need to apply pressure, this liner glides smoothly and it doesn’t feel wet like all liquid liners. You need stable hands for it as it’s difficult to remove it if you apply extra. Though its liquid, it dries up quickly. I need more practice as I have never used a felt tip before.
I know I will have to use it up soon as it may get dried up.

Pros:

  • Amazing staying power – needs a make up remover
  • Applies with precision
  • Awesome pigmentation

Cons:

  • Not smudge proof
  • Will be able to apply it better with experience

My verdict:

On a daily basis, I prefer to use Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes. Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner is meant for special occasions for me only because I am lazy to use the makeup removal on an every day basis. As budget eyeliners, both do their job pretty well.

I would give Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes 4 kisses out of 5. :* :*:*:* and Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner 3.95 out of 5:*:*:*:

1 comment:

  1. Nice Review. Till today I prefer liquid liners. Pencils dont give me the precision and felt tips dry out on me very quickly. :-/ So liquid it is for me. :)

    ReplyDelete