Search this Blog

Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Lotus Herbals Nutranite Skin Renewal Nutritive Night Cream

By Tanuja Kelkar
Hi Girlies,
The word "girlies" makes me so nostalgic. Being from a Convent school, this was the most frequently used term used to address others whose names we didn’t know. I was discussing with my sister the other day, and was wondering how this word would have come into existence. If any of you know it, let us know :)

That reminds me that I have been out of school since more than a decade; and that means I am in my dreaded late twenties. :O Now with age, the quality of our skin deteriorates. So, I finally decided to invest in a night cream last winter.

Never having used one before, I sought the help of a Sales Assistant and she recommended me Lotus Herbals Nutranite Skin Renewal Nutritive Night Cream.

My Skin Type: Oily, Sensitive and Acne-prone














The brand claims: It is a luxurious nutrient-rich night cream that helps renew the skin while you sleep. It repairs the damages caused by dehydration and exposures during the day to give a supple and renewed skin.

The packing says that it is suitable for all skin types however the SA suggested that this one Is especially suitable for my skin.

My Experience:
The cream comes packaged in a glass box, which is bulky and maybe inconvenient for some to carry. I have no issues with it though. Some may find it unhygienic too. But, I prefer such packaging as I don’t like to waste even .5 gms of the product. Hygiene is also not an issue for me as I don’t share it with anyone. This cream has a yummy citrus, grapefruit like fragrance which I love.

I had previously tried a couple of moisturizers at night previously; however none had lasted throughout the night. I bought this during the winters and started applying it on a daily basis at night. A small quantity is more than enough to cover my entire face. I massage it gently into the skin and my skin feels supple. I am not sure about skin repair but yes, it is moisturizing and hydrating. In the morning, it does not feel stretchy at all. However, once the weather changed I could not feel the same effect. My skin looks too greasy. So I will avoid it for the time being.

















 Pros:
  • Light on the skin
  • Hydrating and makes skin supple
  • Fragrance not overwhelming
 Cons:
  • Not an all-weather product
Overall Verdict
In dry weather, it did a good job on me. However, now with rains and increase in humidity, this cream feels greasy on me. So, I have kept it inside my cupboard only to reopen it post rains. I will surely repurchase it once my stock gets over. Not really a skin rejuvenating product, but a decent night cream.

I would give it 3.5 kisses out of 5 :*:*:*:

2 comments:

  1. Will give this a pass for now...nice review though Tanuja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dry skin will benefir from it

    ReplyDelete